As the Director of Protein & Analytical Chemistry, you will be a key member of the R&D leadership team and essential in producing sustainable and cost-effective food ingredients and products. As the leader of the Protein Chemistry Department, you will manage the day-to-day activities of the Protein and Analytical Chemistry teams, while ensuring effective collaboration with cross-functional R&D groups.
- Lead the Protein Chemistry department and act as an exemplary role model, providing technical guidance and subject matter expertise, including protein separation, characterization and analysis
- Manage and mentor the group in method development and thorough statistical data analysis for clear conclusions
- Partner with respective R&D leaders to ensure cross-functional collaboration with various groups including Process Sciences, Food Sciences, and Product Development, to assist in developing correlations for quality and functionality
- Develop protein chemistry methods/tools to provide fundamental scientific support for process and product development.
- Assist in regulatory, technology transfer and business development activities as needed
Education and Experience:
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, biology, biophysics, biotechnology or related field
- 10+ years of relevant industrial experience - protein engineering (via chemical & biological methods) and regulatory filings is a plus.
- Previous experience in managing and leading scientific teams in support of R&D and product development.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Impeccable communication and leadership skills
- Expertise in protein characterization using chromatography, FPLC, electrophoresis, mass-spectrometry and other physio-chemical methods of structure-function relationship of various types of proteins
- Thorough knowledge of structure-function relationship of various types of proteins
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple demands and objectives with aggressive deadlines
- Mission-driven, self-directed and enthusiastic about managing and collaborating an inter-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers
Additional Information and Requirements
- In a leadership role at JUST, it’s important you are able and willing to both do and lead objectives and responsibilities of team
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
- JUST participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.