You will be a key member of our Cellular Agriculture team and essential in the establishment of new cell candidates for our cultured meat pipeline. You will be contributing for the culture and characterization of different cell candidates available at JUST’s cultured meat platform as well as contributing for the identification and isolation of alternative cell sources. The position will be embedded in a very dynamic and motivated team with expertise in cell biology, molecular biology and tissue engineering.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The laboratory skills required include experience in mammalian cell culture, aseptic technique and sterile technique;
- Growth, maintenance and screening of candidate cell lines for cell banking, assay development and cell characterization;
- Research and implementation of new assays for cell characterization, using PCR, flow cytometry, Western Blot, Immunofluorescence techniques, among others;
- Maintenance of laboratory space, equipment and inventory in an appropriate and professional manner;
- Collaboration with other functional groups including Bioprocess and Analytical Development teams for selection of hit candidates for production;
- Response to direction as provided and following established maintenance of notebook records and documentation standards;
- Writing of technical and summary reports, communicating finding and participating in scientific discussions within the group;
- Authoring, reviewing and supporting continuous improvement of Standard Operation Procedures and batch records;
- Developing skills in data analysis and ability to evaluate quality of data;
- Ability to mentor research associates and other scientists in the team;
- Identify opportunities for developing new research projects of value to the company.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Biotechnology, Animal Biology, Bioengineering or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant lab experience in human/mammalian/avian cell and molecular biology, or related field;
- Candidates with M.S. or B.S. degree will also be considered if experience in the described fields is demonstrated;
- Experience with adipogenic development, cell differentiation, and characterization is preferred;
- Experience working with a variety of primary and established cell lines. Experience with stem cells and/or suspension cultures is preferred;
- Familiarity with standard cell proliferation, viability and differentiation assays;
- Lab experience with techniques such as flow cytometry, PCR, Western blot and immunofluorescence. Experience with gene editing techniques such as CRISPR is preferred;
- Highly organized, with clear verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines;
- Mission-driven, pro-active, self-directed and enthusiastic about collaborating with an inter-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers;
- Ability to pass a standard background check.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.