JUST is looking for a temporary Associate Attorney to support Counsel with managing the large volume of inbound and outbound contracts and additional projects such as onboarding our contract management system and optimizing our documentation organization.
- Review commercial and transactional contracts, T&Cs, service provider agreements, sales agreements, etc.
- Provide practical guidance on legal issues and agreements in the context of the company s commercial goals and risk thresholds
- Contribute to cross-functional teams as a trusted advisor, creative problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Assist as needed with projects, assessments, updating company forms, and drafting agreements/LOIs, implementing the onboarding process for our Contract Management System and creating a minute book to organize corporate documentation
- Effectively multitask, re-prioritize, and work independently to meet deadlines and drive agreements to conclusion, while remaining calm under pressure
Education and Experience
- JD from an accredited law school and Member of the California State Bar in good standing
- 2+ years of experience at a law firm or in-house experience in commercial transactions
- Strong substantive knowledge of contract law; including license agreements, development agreements, distribution agreements, data sharing agreements, and service agreements
Skills & Qualifications
- A high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgment
- Ability to work on-site in San Francisco
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to manage competing demands and deal with non-standard and often unstructured requests, at short notice; overall ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Additional Information and Requirements
This is a temporary, full-time position located at our headquarters in San Francisco.