We’re looking for engineers passionate about process development and excited to scale up cell-based meat! As a process engineer you will oversee the modelling of our process and scale up to pilot plant. You will be responsible for designing and execute experiments in bioreactors including process and media optimisation. You will develop, plan and coordinate engineering projects, continuously improving on project execution. You will work closely with the rest of our founding team, advisors and partners to ensure that the R&D work is robust and scalable.
- +3 years within process development or cell/gene therapy technology development/engineering.
- Chemical Engineering / Bioengineering MEng/MS
- Understanding of GMP and relevant ISOs
- Experience with computer simulations
- Experience in designing and operating bioreactors
- Comfortable developing PFD, P&IDs, mechanical designs, HAZOP and SOPs
- Stem cell/mammalian cells bioprocessing experience
You might also have:
- Experience in startups or novel projects
- Experience working with CROs
- PhD in relevant subject
- Experience with technology transfer and scale-up is a plus.
This job might be for you if you:
- Are progress focused, goal oriented, and self-directed
- Live, breathe, and love engineering
- Are a maker, builder, do-er, relentless pursuer of knowledge
- Are flexible as new challenges and opportunities arise
- Have the ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination.
Location: Bristol, UK