We at GOURMEY are on a mission to bring tasty, safe, sustainable cultured meat to the world. This begins with the iconic french delicacy foie gras, which we will develop at the crossroads of culinary arts and scientific perfection (watch this to learn more). To achieve this feat, we are seeking to recruit a Senior Food Scientist with a background in flavour development.
About the role
- Drive the product development programme by initiating and undertaking research at pilot scale for texture, flavour and quality to create delicious GOURMEY products. It is your responsibility to oversee the most efficient path to success, building upon our body of work so far.
- Provide guidance and leadership to others throughout the research process. Assess and communicate all findings for the progression of product development - you will make the decisions on what comes next.
- Manage the relationship with all external stakeholders such as ingredient suppliers, academic institutions and other partners.
- Connect the dots between cell biology and food science, merging the two fields to achieve our goals.
- M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. in Food Science, Food Chemistry or a closely related discipline.
- Proven practical experience in flavour chemistry (GC-MS, LC-MS) and thermal process flavours (e.g. Maillard reaction flavours).
- 2+ years industrial NPD experience with meat products and strong scientific project management skills.
- Immense passion for the mission of GOURMEY and enthusiasm for applied research.
- Keen interest in working in a changing and challenging environment in line with the dawn of a new protein industry.
- Willingness to collaborate with all team members, to upskill on other areas of research and adapt pre-existing food science knowledge to the context of cultured meat.
What we offer
A competitive salary and participation in GOURMEY’s ESOP (Employee stock option plan).
Plenty of room for personal and professional development in a fast growing startup, building the future of food through cutting edge technologies and entering its next phase of growth.
A dynamic, caring company culture and a fantastic work environment with our labs located in the very heart of Paris