● Years of experience: 3 + years of experience
● Salary range: up to 21 LPA
● Location: Mumbai, India
As GFI’s Science and Technology Specialist, you will work with the talented team of experienced scientists and work with them to inspire and fund innovative research, provide a high level of support to plant-based and cellular agriculture (“clean meat”) food companies and academic research institutions, and lead our efforts to ensure that the science and technologies behind plant-based and clean alternatives to animal products are cutting-edge and exceptional.
1). Building GFI’s capacity to serve as a knowledge hub for the industry and to guide public discourse around it. The objective being to address the needs of the clean and plant-based food industries and work to fill research, infrastructure, and technology gaps. This would be through the following:
● Creating engaging webinars and speaking at scientific conferences to highlight expertise and innovations needed in the field and inspire more scientists and engineers to get involved.
● Overseeing and assisting with the creation of peer-reviewed publications, white papers, and other scientific and technical resources.
● Leading and writing technical analyses of the plant-based and clean meat, egg, and dairy industries that culminate in white papers, conference presentations, and peer-reviewed articles.
● Identifying the key areas requiring the most focused research and finding researchers to perform that work.
2). You will be instrumental in providing technical support and strategic advice to start-ups, companies, venture capitalists, academic faculty, and students on topics such as product development, career changes, business design, and process expertise.
Does this sound like you?