GFI’s Policy department is focused on creating a clear regulatory pathway for cell-based meat, sometimes called clean meat or cultured meat, and leveling the playing field for plant-based meat, eggs, and dairy. As the Policy Assistant, you will have the opportunity to provide high-level project execution and administrative support to the Policy department.
The Policy Assistant is the CEO of keeping the Policy team organized. You will be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting the Policy team by booking travel arrangements, and scheduling and confirming meetings.
- Drafting letters, correspondence, presentations, and general information/materials.
- Proofreading submissions to government agencies, presentations, and other documents authored by the Policy team.
- Conducting research to help the Policy team transform the food system.
- Ensuring the department’s database is up-to-date with notes from meetings and other oral and written communications.
- Executing special projects related to good food policy.
- Managing all general inquiries to the Policy department.
- Providing administrative and accounting support, including completion of expense reports, etc.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Policy Assistant must have:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Solutions-oriented mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of organization and efficiency.
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team.
- Proficiency in Google Drive, MS Word, Powerpoint, and MS Excel.
- Friendly, positive, customer service-oriented personality.
- Comfort working remotely at first and helping to establish a new physical office.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission; support demonstrated through experience in public health, environmentalism, animal protection, or hunger relief preferred.
- Ability to contribute to the diversity of ideas and backgrounds on the Policy team preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or experience as an executive assistant, paralegal, legislative intern, or policy assistant preferred.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
- Terms of employment: Full-time, non-exempt
- Reports to: Jessica Almy, Director of Policy
- Location: Based in Washington, DC; remote until a DC office is established
- Benefits: Full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, competitive holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
- Salary: $40,000-$45,000