Support GFI’s Legal Efforts to Transform the Global Food System
How You Will Make a Difference:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to enable the Legal Department to fully meet GFI’s compliance and risk management objectives by providing accurate and timely support and working collaboratively across operations and program areas. The Paralegal will be responsible for:
- Leading multiple projects to completion.
- Building, updating, and organizing legal resources (frequently used communications, sensitive documents, contracts, etc.) for recordkeeping and future use.
- Managing corporate filings in the U.S. and internationally, with the assistance of counsel, outside service providers, and other GFI departments.
- Identifying recurring compliance and risk issues in GFI’s operations and program areas and implementing initiatives to address them by building more effective and efficient processes.
- Drafting and reviewing documents and policies for completeness and accuracy and making updates as needed.
- Tracking and supporting the execution of GFI compliance programs and trainings in collaboration with GFI’s Operations department.
- Conducting researching and gathering relevant information for legal team projects.
- Assisting GFI’s in-house attorneys in communicating legal responses and recommendations to team members and external partners.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Paralegal must have:
- Associate’s degree; minimum two years experience as a paralegal.
- Corporate or law firm experience preferred.
- Self-motivation: the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects at a time, and meet deadlines.
- Experience or interest in taking initiative, identifying problems, and developing solutions.
- Extraordinary communication and organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
The Fine Print:
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Amy Shepherd, General Counsel
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home or a co-working space (whichever you prefer), full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, high levels of autonomy, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- Salary: $40,000-$50,000