In this role, you will have the opportunity to create a variety of content and media for GFI including but not limited to print materials, reports, websites, presentations, eComms, fundraising materials, and icons. This is a production-heavy role for a savvy designer who can fearlessly chase down information and creative solutions.
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist will be responsible for ensuring the food revolution is visually powerful by:
- Designing and producing media including print, digital, presentations, and event materials.
- Designing and producing graphics for multiple digital channels including web, mobile, and social platforms.
- Contributing to brand development from concept to production.
- Preparing and exporting files for print.
- Researching and staying informed of aesthetic and technical design trends.
- Image search, retouching, and color correcting photography.
- Managing GFI’s digital assets.
Who We’re Looking For
The Graphic Designer/Production Artist must have:
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree with a concentration in design, and a minimum of two years of professional design experience.
- Fluency in InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint.
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail, including clean internal file management.
- Ability to develop creative solutions independently, but a desire to collaborate and grow with guidance from the Senior Creative Manager and Communications Department team members.
- An understanding of the value of brand consistency (both in design and messaging) across all media.
- A swiss-army like reserve of knowledge and tools to problem-solve creatively and efficiently.
- Passion for learning about current aesthetics and trends.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
Some additional skills that would be beneficial in this role, but are not required, include:
- The ability to create animation for digital channels.
- Experience editing video.
- Experience creating iconography, and/or infographics.
- Familiarity with the Google Suite.
Please note that if your design seniority exceeds this position, we are also looking for freelance designers. If you would like to be considered for freelance project work, please fill out this form instead.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Senior Creative Manager Rose Convery
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, competitive holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
- Salary: $40,000-$50,000