In this role, you will have the opportunity to enable the Legal Department to fully meet GFI’s compliance and risk management objectives by providing accurate and timely support and working collaboratively across the organization.
The Corporate Paralegal will be responsible for:
- Managing the tracking and administration of contracts and NDAs. Providing template agreements to internal clients and helping them complete the forms.
- Managing outside service providers to maintain registrations and corporate filings in the U.S.
- Assisting with corporate secretarial work and helping maintain corporate records in the U.S.
- Tracking international legal entities to ensure shareholder and board meetings and audits of financial records are in compliance with requirements.
- Assisting with the development and administration of a record-retention policy.
- Helping to identify recurring compliance and risk issues in GFI’s operations and program areas.
- Maintaining copies of insurance policies and working to process claims and certificates of additional insured, when required.
- Creating efficient and effective processes and procedures to manage GFI’s legal work.
- Drafting and reviewing documents and policies for completeness and accuracy and making updates as needed.
- Providing litigation support (currently no active litigation) and other legal administrative duties as needed.
- Conducting research and gathering relevant information for legal team projects.
- Assisting GFI’s in-house attorneys in communicating legal responses and recommendations to team members and external stakeholders.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The Corporate Paralegal must have:
- A bachelor’s degree and paralegal certificate preferred, but not required; minimum two years experience as a paralegal.
- Corporate experience preferred.
- Self-motivation: the ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Experience or interest in taking initiative, identifying problems, and developing solutions.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency in the Google Suite of applications as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
- Terms of employment: Full-time, non-exempt
- Reports to: Sarah David, General Counsel & Director of Administration
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- Salary: $45,000-$50,000