● Years of experience: 3+ years of experience
● Salary range : upto 15 LPa
● Location: Mumbai, India
As GFI India’s Communications Specialist, you will lead the conversation on the growing plant based and “clean” meat industries to further the work of the world’s top entrepreneurs and scientists who are focused on developing healthy, humane, and sustainable alternatives to factory-farmed products.
You will develop and guide our media strategy, and ensure that GFI is the primary source of information and communications support for the plant-based foods and clean meat industries.
You will oversee all communications, including public relations messaging, content planning for GFI’s website and blog, media and marketing strategy for mission-aligned startups, and GFI’s social media strategy.
● Managing all aspects of the Communications Department, including supervising staff, overseeing department budgeting and spending, and providing visionary leadership.
● Developing, implementing, and evaluating communications plans to engage our audience, cultivate new supporters and followers, and support mission-aligned initiatives and startup companies.
● Assisting in the development and execution of campaign strategies for the communications department and mission-aligned startups.
● Creating and rolling out media initiatives to inspire students, entrepreneurs, and scientists to use their skills to address challenges within our global food system.
● Writing impactful op-eds and letters in response to relevant news stories.
● Managing media interactions: pitching stories, responding to journalists, and building relationships with reporters and editors.
● Representing all aspects of GFI and our work through interviews with the media.
● Managing relationships with other mission-aligned organizations
3 - 5 years of total work experience in PR, think tanks, or other communications roles
Ability to proofread and engage with scientific writing
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Strong understanding of Indian media landscape in addition to existing press relationships
Previous experience with organizing partner events
Previous experience with creating science based content