In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide administrative and project support for the Communications Department.
The Communications Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support, including expense reports, check requests, travel planning, and scheduling meetings.
- Providing project management support (developing and maintaining documents, including timelines and calendars, meeting notes and call reports, and managing and scheduling projects in Asana and Google environments).
- Assisting with events, including GFI’s annual conference, and supporting GFI’s participation in third-party events (webinars, conferences, trade shows).
- Providing writing, editing, and proofing support for social media posts, blogs, fact sheets, white papers, and other materials.
- Assisting with media monitoring (traditional and social) and media list research, management, and outreach.
- Developing and making recommendations for systems and processes to support the Communications team and ensure exceptional execution.
- Collecting and assisting in analyzing data from social media, website, and other platforms for month-end reporting and analysis; conducting research to support list-building and audience expansion efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Who We’re Looking For
The Communications Assistant must have:
- A bachelor's degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High degree of organization and efficiency.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interest in and understanding of various communications platforms (including social/digital media, traditional media, and interactive user experience) and the role they each play in a communications strategy.
- A creative, enthusiastic, and positive personality.
- Experience in an agency setting and/or knowledge of Asana or similar tools preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, and Excel; experience with Google Docs preferred.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for GFI’s philosophy and mission.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
- Terms of employment: Full-time, non-exempt
- Reports to: Annie Cull, Director of Communications
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, competitive holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
- Salary: $35,000-$40,000