In this role, you will have the opportunity to carry out GFI’s startup and investor support operations, including:
- Serving as the primary point of contact for our two core audiences (entrepreneurs and investors) and acting as a liaison with other GFI staff and our broader network.
- Collaborating with other GFI departments to analyze market data and communicate insights to both internal and external GFI stakeholders.
- Organizing and facilitating the GFIdeas community for entrepreneurs.
- Maintaining and expanding upon GFI’s library of startup support resources (e.g., Startup Manual, State of the Industry Reports, events calendar, map of accelerators and incubators).
- Providing fundraising support to startups, including providing feedback on pitch decks.
- Conducting outreach to investors to generate interest in the plant-based/cell-based sectors.
- Conducting surveys and using other research methods to evaluate GFI’s entrepreneur and investor support services and to inform future prioritization.
- Executing any other roles or responsibilities as communicated by the Director.
The Business Analyst must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (MBA or equivalent experience preferred).
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and use sound judgment in decision making, including setting and managing priorities and meeting competing deadlines.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to professionally advocate for GFI’s positions.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Brad Barbera, Director of Innovation
- Location: Remote; must live in the United States
- Benefits: Working from home or a co-working space (whichever you prefer), full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- Salary: $50,000-$60,000