Our growing Downstream Process team is seeking a Senior Process Development Associate I.
What you'll do:
- Be an active member of the process development team operating protein processing technologies and equipment such as centrifugation, cell disruption/protein extraction, tangential flow filtration, depth filtration, and column adsorption between 5 – 1000L fermentation scale.
- Follow and execute experimental design protocols, equipment and process SOPs, and production batch records to perform protein separation.
- Participate in pilot equipment and utility commissioning and decommissioning.
- Participate in troubleshooting initiatives related to processing, quality and equipment.
- Support successful technology transfer and scale-up of processes to CRO/CMO partners.
- Demonstrate excellent record keeping and accountability.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe workplace.
What we're looking for:
- Associate's degree. Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Life Sciences is a plus.
- 2- 5 years of experience in pilot plant or manufacturing operations (food, biochemical and/or pharmaceutical). GMP experience is a plus.
- Understanding and working knowledge of sanitary biotech processes, systems, pilot scale manufacturing equipment, and downstream process scale-up and troubleshooting.
- Self-motivated individuals with strong oral and written communications skills with good organization skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain high-quality records and inventory.
- Efficient multitasker.
- Full written and verbal fluency in English.
- Occasional domestic and international travel at various times during projects. Travel is intermittent and varies by stage of project.