Geltor is looking for a SCIENTIST to join our Strain Engineering team in San Leandro, CA.
The ideal candidate will conduct research pertaining to strain engineering and protein expression for production of Geltor’s proprietary proteins. The scientist will make an immediate impact by designing experiments and interpreting data that influences the development of our high value products. This position will report to the Lead Scientist for Strain Engineering.
- Lead an expansion into additional host production systems, developing new culturing methods, molecular tools and assays.
- Set-up, design and perform experiments focused on molecular cloning, protein expression, directed evolution and metabolic engineering
- Improve upon existing expression systems using our current strain engineering approaches and develop new methodologies for protein expression in various microbes
- Collect, analyze and present data to internal stakeholders, cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Manage & mentor junior scientists.
- Lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values; motivate, and inspire team members to do the same.
- PhD in Microbiology, Metabolic Engineering, Molecular Biology, or related engineering or life science discipline with 2+ experience OR Masters degree with 5+ years experience
- Strong understanding of molecular biology and genetics in one or more prokaryotic or eukaryotic hosts
- Experience onboarding new hosts including developing molecular biology techniques, culturing conditions, and assays
- Able to work independently to troubleshoot experiments and develop new methodologies
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize and complete high-quality projects amidst tight timelines and competing deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences
- Experience mentoring or managing scientists or research associates
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business