Geltor is looking for a Scientist or Sr Scientist to join our Analytical Chemistry team in San Leandro, CA.
We are currently seeking a dynamic and self-motivated LC-MS Scientist to perform early developability assessments for product development. This lab-based position will involve performing screening at various stages of product development including analytical characterization, method development, and support for Geltor’s products. This role reports to our Senior Director of Analytical chemistry and will work with our cross-functional technical development teams to bring the best of Geltor to the market.
Job title will be commensurate with experience/expertise.
- Mass spectrometry of peptides and proteins,
- Set up, run and troubleshoot LC-MS and analytical chromatography techniques including those applicable to analysis/characterization of proteins and peptides
- Develop and optimize LC-MS/ms methods for proteomics and HCP analyses by Mass Spectrometry.
- Develop new assays and improve existing methods.
- Write development reports and document test methods
- Collaborate with other scientists and technical development teams including Strain Engineering, Molecular Biology, Fermentation, and Process Development.
- Train and mentor junior team member; lead by example, champion Geltor, and uphold company values
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry or related field with 2+ years of industry experience working; BS/MS with 7+ years ok
- Extensive hands-on experience with high-resolution mass spectrometer (such as SCIEX API 6600/5600) for characterization of biologics; LC/MS/MS method development for quantitation of proteins and peptides from complex matrices.
- Experience with mass spectrometry of proteins and peptides, including peptide quantitation, intact protein characterization, proteomics, phospho-proteomics; differential analysis and automation platforms desired
- Experience using other chromatography technologies, including nano-HPLC, ultra-high-pressure LC, and Capillary electrophoresis, and CE-MS
- Knowledge of various sample cleanup techniques to enrich biologics, and well as sample cleanup for protein in-Gel or in-solution digestion for peptide sequencing.
- Hands on HPLC techniques such as RP, IEX, SEC, and Affinity Chromatography
- Proficient with various HPLC software such as Empower, ChemStation +
- Proficient with Mascot, ProteinPilot, skyline or similar
- Proficient in TMT or other labeling techniques
- Experience developing miniaturized assays preferred
- Experience in liquid handling systems and data automation would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical, data interpretation and problem-solving capabilities to think critically about complex problems
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills to effectively prioritize and complete high-quality projects amidst tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to discuss complex technical concepts with a variety of audiences
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new knowledge and concepts
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission