Geltor is looking for a Pilot Plant Manager to oversee operations in their current Pilot Plant facility in San Leandro, CA.
This position will execute a variety of production-related operations in a small-scale pilot plant, including upstream production of Geltor’s proprietary proteins, performing supporting activities such as bioreactor and media preparation, sterilization, equipment set-up/cleaning, execution of feeding protocols, data collection and analysis.
Additional activities will include defining & documenting operation practices to emphasize that all operations occur efficiently and safely, commissioning new equipment, maintaining and troubleshooting all equipment and designing schedules for Pilot Plant operations. The Pilot Plant manager is expected to bring in the rigour of GMP-like facilities to the team.
- Operate and manage the upstream production of Geltor’s protein using SIP/CIP bioreactors
- Prepare, sterilize, operate and turnaround bioreactors for weekly operations
- Test processes recommended by small scale labs and adapt them for scale-up to CMOs. Understand existing methods and deploy them to the Pilot plant.
- Perform process development related to manufacturing
- Generate reliable and transferrable data and prepare tech transfer data packages
- Train personnel on safe handling and operations of equipment
- Routinely assist with downstream purification of proteins
- Assist personnel working in PP to achieve high levels of operational and documentation-related efficiency
- Future duties will include assisting with expansion of PP as well as implementing shift structures
- Travel to CMOs as needed
- Bachelors or equivalent in a scientific field
- 10+ years of Manufacturing and Operations experience in the bio-pharma or food industry
- Experience plant set-up, plant managements and supervising people
- Strong knowledge of GMP with experience bringing various levels of GMP into practice
- Familiarity with analytical techniques like HPLC, Protein electropherisis etc.
- Prior experience writing SOPs, maintaining batch records, and writing and implementing cleaning & operational protocols