Geltor is looking for a LOGISTICS & OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE to join our Operations team in San Leandro, CA.
The Logistics and Operations Associate will join the front lines of a collaborative, dynamic and fast paced Operations and Manufacturing team bringing new protein products to market. This position offers the opportunity for a self-motivated and detail-oriented Logistics & Operations Associate to play a key role in the execution and advancement of material and product shipment processes between our headquarters, manufacturing partners and customers.
This role reports to our Business Operations Manager.
- Maintain product inventory by managing end to end inventory process
- Process documentation and maintenance of files related to finished goods inventory and customer orders with lot numbers detail
- Continuously monitor finished goods inventory and communicate with manufacturing team for planning of supply re-order
- Partner with Accounting/Purchasing to categorize and track expenses related to COGS
- Monitor raw material inventory at manufacturing partner sites
- Coordinate with purchasing specialist to order required manufacturing materials based on manufacturing team specifications
- Coordinate freight arrangements for domestic and international shipments of intermediate manufacturing products and finished goods, as well as product samples and commercial orders
- Label, pack and ship product while confirming all shipping, quality and manufacturing documentation is provided as required by the customer
- Closely monitor shipments and communicate with carriers regarding status
- Communicate status of orders to relevant teams including manufacturing, sales and accounting
- Develops and creates reports of key metrics to improve supply chain operations
- Bachelor's Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain, or similar with 3+ years of experience in logistics and operations OR HS Diploma/Associates Degree with 5+ years of logistics/operations experience
- Self-motivated, organized individual with strong oral and written communication skills across different business functions
- Experience with and knowledge of import/export processes (documentation, regulations, etc.) including hazardous materials
- Experience working in and maintaining databases using Microsoft Excel, Smartsheet, or ERP software such as NetSuite, or similar inventory software
- Experience with order processing and inventory monitoring
- Ability to establish and maintain high-quality records and inventory
- Capacity to be flexible and take on a variety of tasks
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and work on feet for extended period
- A positive, open, and intellectually curious team player who embraces the challenges and excitement of an entrepreneurial business
- Enthusiasm for and commitment to Geltor’s mission