Work at GALY.
We are a group of passionate people with the hunger and drive to make a real-world impact, we are on a mission to save the planet by finding alternatives to produce things we all love, but better.
GALY’s platform integrates synthetic biology, bioinformatics and genomics to understand how plants work on a molecular level and recreate traditional products made of plants entirely from scratch, going from lab scale to commercial manufacturing.
By starting with cotton, we can produce cotton in a lab that is higher quality, faster and uses 80% less resources than the traditional way, imagine how the future can be? This is just the beginning.
As a Bioinformatics Scientist you will be joining a team that’s building a platform for monitoring and analyzing plant-based materials, creating data algorithms and software to identify and classify biological results. The successful candidate will utilize her/his knowledge of biology and informatics to support and help achieve GALY's mission. Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
- Ability to build algorithms for plant cell culture optimization
- Develop and optimize image analysis and data using machining learning
- Knowledge in Phyton, R; Pearl or C++
- Build programs for real-time monitoring experiments and reports outputs
- Connect lab activities and people through real-time reports
- Design databases and develop algorithms for processing and analyzing genomic information, or other biological information
- Data modeling for biological assays in plant cell culture
- Knowledge of statistics
- Knowledge in scientific method and experimental design (D.o.E)
- Knowledge in plant biology
- BS/BA 1-2 years of experience in basic laboratory research
- Experience with bioinformatics
- Boston, USA – Authorized to work in the U.S.
Work Environment / Physical Demands
Come and join our rapidly growing team, work with smart and dedicated people, and help develop cutting edge technologies that will have a lasting impact on the world. This position involves working primarily in a laboratory setting. As such, it requires the ability to stand or sit at the bench, the use of standard laboratory equipment as well as computers and office equipment. The position also requires communication with other individuals through a variety of methods.
- Fast-paced environment with rapidly growth opportunities
- Excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
GALY is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status by applicable law.
Agreeable to the Massachusetts Fair Chance Law, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and GALY retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities and assigning other activities.