As the Senior Food Scientist, you will play an instrumental part in accelerating the growth at Finless Foods. This role will help establish the broader food science team while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with our R&D team of cellular biologists, molecular biologists, and tissue engineers to create new product innovations that showcase our technology.
- Manage product development projects and assist in setting specifications to include: sourcing/qualifying ingredients, processing machinery requirements, and the selection of packaging materials
- Coordinate multiple concurrent projects from ideation to product commercialization
- Establish a food safety plan that ensures the highest level of consumer safety
- Document and optimize experimental procedures and work processes through product development software
- Manage key relationships with external partners and vendors for ingredient sourcing, evaluation, costing, qualification and specification.
- Recommend and select the purchase and/or lease of tools and equipment for use in the food science lab
- Conduct a wide range of analytical tests, sensory and consumer testing, shelf life, and product stability studies, and recommend storage and handling requirements
Education & Experience
- B.S. in food science or food chemistry; or product development Master’s or Ph.D. in food science
- 5+ years of product development with experience commercializing a product through the stages of bench, pilot, and scale.
- Strong proficiency in processing technologies and equipment
- Working knowledge of organoleptic and instrumental analysis
- Proven track record of innovative research and development projects in startup environments
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong organizational and time management skills with keen attention to details
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Able to work independently and still communicate well with others across teams
- A passion for food and an ability to create products that meet consumers needs
- Flexible, creative and clever in technical problem solving