As the Technology Strategist for Clara Foods™, you will be partnering with the R&D and leadership teams through the innovation process, by leading our strategic technology efforts, identifying areas of opportunity, and propose innovative technology approaches to lead our products to market and beyond. This will be a unique opportunity to be a part of a transformative change in the global food system.
Reports to: CEO
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for guiding success of interdisciplinary technology teams to refine technology strategies, design operating models and transformation roadmaps
- Identify, evaluate and recommend to the Leadership Team various strategic technology alternatives and recommend best approach
- Drive operational and process excellence initiatives that deliver improved effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop detailed strategic project plans for our technology and actively manage progression thereof
- Strategically guide the R&D and leadership teams to reach milestones
- Identify, evaluate and develop tech-focused initiatives that enable a robust & advantaged intellectual property portfolio for the company
- Engage and connect with colleagues at every level in the organization and proactively identify opportunities and messaging strategies that help drive technology excellence
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with external tech partners and vendors
- Minimum MS degree with focus on Biological Sciences, Technology, Business, or related discipline. MBA and/or Ph.D. and Project Management (PMP) Certification are strongly preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience with technology, including planning, evaluation, and adoption of technology. Experience in the biotech industry strongly preferred.
- Extensive consulting or project management experience, preferably with strategic project management.
- Experience with establishing technology standards, best practices, capability analysis, strategy planning and alignment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Good facilitation, change management, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated influencer who is a self-starter and takes ownership of their work and works within multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable working within a small, collaborative and creative team.
- Able and willing to travel as necessary (domestic and international).