As a Senior Process Associate, you will be working on development and optimization of fermentation and downstream purification of recombinant proteins. You will primarily be running fermenters, filtration units or ion exchange and gathering data to evaluate and optimize key process parameters of relevant unit operations on a lab scale.
Reports to: Senior Process Engineer, Process Development
Role and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and implement potential novel upstream processes to improve protein production rate, titer, yield and purity
- Help develop and potential novel downstream processes to purify proteins, increase recovery and maintain functionality
- Perform data analysis to develop understanding of the tradeoffs between process parameters and key performance indicators
- Help with equipment installation, commissioning, maintenance, support working with vendors
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with internal teams and external tech partners
- Develop processes in compliance with appropriate food GMPs and applicable food safety standards.
- M.S. in chemical engineering or related field, OR B.S. with 2 years of experience OR Associates with 5 years of experience
- Technical knowledge in development, implementation and optimization of fermentation processes preferred
- Technical knowledge downstream processing unit operations including centrifugation, MF/UF, column chromatography, lyophilization, and spray drying preferred
- Experience with design of experiment, statistical analysis, and modeling preferred
- Self-starter with strong organizational, and general communication skills.
- Comfortable working within a small, collaborative team, passionate about changing the food space
- Able and willing to travel as necessary (domestic and international)
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for Clara Foods.
What Clara can offer:
- Generous benefits package; medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter benefits, free parking, life insurance, and more
- Unlimited paid time off and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free gym and yoga classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, local coffees, and teas
- Weekly happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership