We are looking to hire a part-time sampling technician to help us fulfill our customer commitments for timely turnaround of product samples and any relevant documentation; lead packaging material inventory necessary for sampling requirements and validation of ingredients.
Ideal Start Date: January 2020
Working hours: 20 hours per week
• assist with preparation of samples for shipment.
• collaborate with the Product and Commercialization Teams, assist with shipping and receiving customer samples and maintain an ingredient inventory.
• create and maintain shipping documents for outgoing domestic and international shipments in coordination with the commercialization team.
• receive, inspect and verify incoming shipments against packaging specs
• organize ingredient storage in assigned area based on well-defined categories.
• other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/Requirements we are looking for:
• Associate Degree in Chemistry, Food Science, Biology or equivalent experience required.
• Previous experience in shipping / receiving roles is desirable.
• Ability to contribute in a fast paced, research-oriented environment.
• Intermediate knowledge of computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and experience working with Google Drive is required.
• Operate with moderate supervision and have meticulous attention to detail.
• Ability to work morning shifts (anytime between 9 – 5pm).
• Proven ability to manage multiple assignments/ tasks
• Good communication skills (oral and written)
• Must be authorized to work in the United States for Clara Foods
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, local coffees, and teas
- Monthly all-hands meetings; and cross-functional training opportunities
- Company merch, 24/7 IT support, and company-provided electronic equipment
- Free parking, renovated gym, lounge/patio area, yoga + cycling classes onsite
- Weekly themed happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Close to South San Francisco bart station and Cal Train station (Shuttles run directly from our building to these stations)