Role and Responsibilities:
- Perform protein, carbohydrate, and peptide bioassays on fermentation samples
- Generate, analyze and interpret data to prepare timely scientific reports for internal clients
- Collaborate with scientists and members of other departments to improve analysis protocols and communication between teams
- Use scientific knowledge and experience to drive laboratory progress in the face of potentially dynamic shifts in task prioritization and project timelines.
- Participate in weekly group meetings.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in protein chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology or similar program
- 2 - 4 years of laboratory experience (e.g. analytical chemistry, pharmaceuticals, food chemistry, protein chemistry) with 0 - 2 of those years preferably in an industrial setting.
- Skilled in standard protein and small molecule separation and characterization techniques (e.g. SDS-PAGE, capillary electrophoresis, enzymology, NMR, CD, UV/Vis/Fluorescence spectroscopy, HPLC, LC/GC-MS).
- Direct experience operating column chromatography system (e.g. AKTA), HLPC, microfluidics, high throughput analysis platforms would be highly desirable.
- Experience in enzyme activity measurements using kit-based systems as well as in model food systems would be highly desirable.
- Familiarity with operating automated liquid handling systems is not required, but preferred
- Attention to detail and skills in precise communication are a must. Ideal applicant will demonstrate meticulous laboratory habits, while communicating consistent, quality data to invested parties.
- Current US immigration authorization to work for Clara Foods will be required.
- Limited relocation may be provided in select cases.
What Clara can offer:
- Generous benefits package; medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter benefits, free parking, life insurance, and more
- Unlimited paid time off and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free gym and yoga classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, local coffees, and teas
- Weekly happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership