Role and Responsibilities:
- Sample preparation, derivatization, and HPLC protocol execution on fermentation samples
- Assist with preparative AKTA method development form fermentation and native sources
- Generate, analyze and interpret data to prepare timely scientific reports for internal clients
- Collaborate with scientists and members of other departments to improve analysis protocols and communication between teams
- Use scientific knowledge and experience to drive laboratory progress in the face of potentially dynamic shifts in task prioritization and project timelines.
- Participate in weekly group meetings.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) in protein chemistry, biochemistry, analytical chemistry or similar program
- 2 - 4 years of laboratory experience (e.g. pharmaceuticals, food chemistry, protein chemistry) with 0 - 2 of those years preferably in an industrial setting.
- Skilled in standard protein and small molecule separation and characterization techniques (NMR, CD, UV/Vis/Fluorescence spectroscopy, HPLC, LC/GC-MS).
- Direct experience operating a chromatography system with multiple detection methods (Diode Array, ELSD, MS/MS, RI).
- Attention to detail and skills in precise communication are a must.
- Ideal applicant will demonstrate meticulous laboratory habits; while communicating consistent, quality data to invested parties.
- Current US immigration authorization to work for Clara Foods will be required.
- No relocation assistance will be provided.
What Clara can offer:
- Generous benefits package; medical, dental, vision, 401k, commuter benefits, free parking, life insurance, and more
- Unlimited paid time off and 10 paid company holidays per year
- Free gym and yoga classes onsite
- Unlimited supply of sparkling water, granola bars, local coffees, and teas
- Weekly happy hours and quarterly company outings
- Monthly all-hands meetings and 1:1 with CEO and leadership