A Senior Analytical Operations Associate to perform analytical testing alongside an Analytical Chemistry team to support our product pipeline. You will work on samples spanning strain optimization and process development to tech transfer and scale up. You are a hands-on individual with experience in running analytical instruments and their respective software. You are a critical thinker with the ability to perform data analysis beyond standard process deviations. You are team-oriented and serve as an internal consultant on best practices. You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest/candid feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them.
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
Within the first 30 days you will…
- Work alongside your peers in an Analytical testing laboratory.
- Learn analytical chemistry testing from sample preparation to data analysis according to standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Familiarize yourself with standard laboratory procedures and operational logistics.
- Become a proficient user of our LIMS system and analytical software tools.
- Take on responsibilities for general lab duties and equipment maintenance.
- Meet and understand the needs of other functional teams and technical stakeholders within the company.
- Be trained in safe practices in the work environment.
Within the first 60 days you will…
- Independently perform analytical chemistry testing from sample preparation to data analysis according to standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Perform data analysis with Agilent ChemStation software, ELISA in-house software, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- Author required documentation, including SOPs, Quality documentation, study reports, and technical notes.
- Independently execute method and standard qualification/validation activities.
- Perform ad hoc test methods and data analysis to support customer requests.
- Report sample, equipment, and data irregularities.
- Troubleshoot sample preparation and method problems.
- Be responsible for some aspects of frontline maintenance of equipment and routine calibrations.
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- 7+ years of experience in an analytical and/or quality role, preferably in a chemistry or biochemistry lab.
- B.A./B.S. in chemistry, materials science, chemical engineering, biochemistry, or a related field of study.
- Comprehensive technical experience with analytical methods using HPLC (SEC, RP, MMC), GC, ELISA, titration, UV/Vis, Hunter color, and other techniques.
- Complete familiarity with Agilent ChemStation software and can independently use it to construct methods, sample sequences, integrations, calibration curves, and reports.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot analytical instrumentation and data analysis issues and take corrective actions.
- Proficiency in independently authoring/changing test method SOPs fit to purpose and based on need.
- Proficiency in basic chemistry (e.g., pH, acid-base reactions, operating principles of simple lab equipment, recognize chemical formulas, perform complex math).
- Broad experience with general lab procedures, sterile technique, data interpretation, and reporting.
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and collaboration.
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to manage details.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Safety first mindset.