A well-rounded, Senior Accountant with substantial exposure to monthly closing processes and a demonstrated ability to work in an evolving and innovative environment. Bolt is moving rapidly towards commercialization and is building an accounting team with the experience to support a global scale-up. This position will be a key contributor to the general ledger month-end, quarter end and year-end closing and account reconciliations for US corporate and international subsidiaries. The Senior Accountant will partner with Accounts Payable & Purchasing to ensure proper G/L account coding and with European bookkeepers to oversee all monthly close activities for a European subsidiary including GL, Fixed Assets, AP payments, and intercompany.
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
Within the first 30 days you will…
- Take ownership of leading the accounting functions, become familiar with our processes, timetables, policies, opportunities for improvement
- Become familiar with the company’s current and previous monthly accounting close processes
- Build relationships across various levels throughout the company and our subsidiaries
In the first 60 days you will…
- Partner with the Corporate Controller and accounting team to manage the monthly accounting close
- Execute on steps to improve financial reporting compliance, accuracy, and utility
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with internal and external partners
- 3+ years of progressive accounting responsibility, including process improvement and system implementations
- The ideal candidate will have strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills – must have significant experience in Microsoft and Google applications; NetSuite or NetSuite implementation experience is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration required
- CPA or CPA candidate with public accounting experience, preferred
- Strong problem-solving experience and a willingness and ability to address complex issues effectively
- The capacity to focus on the big picture as well as day-to-day operational details