A People Business Partner who loves to inspire and coach others while working through and solving complex people situations. The People Business Partner will work closely with employees and managers across the company. They will contribute to the company’s people and leadership development initiatives and programs and look for ways to improve and/or iterate our programs and help our company scale. To be successful, this person must be able to develop relationships, establish trust and collaborate with employees and managers across the company and embody values and scale our culture as we continue to grow.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
- Act as a thought partner and coach to all employees and managers across the company
- Coach managers and employees to communicate effectively and share feedback openly with peers, managers, and reports, including in challenging situations to strengthen work relationships, company culture and increase productivity
- Understand business strategy and provide consultative support (assess, present findings/solutions, test, iterate and measure) to drive key people priorities
- Coach and build manager capability to navigate people related topics, such as performance feedback, assessing development needs, team dynamics. Make recommendations and implement appropriate solutions
- Manage and resolve complex people issues, while also establishing repeatable processes and contributing to best practices for the company
- Identify key people metrics and analyze trends and metrics in partnership with the rest of the People Operations team and key collaborators to develop and/or iterate on solutions and programs
- Assist with the design and implementation of development programs for leaders across the company
- Ensure a leadership and coaching culture is cascaded throughout company
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Provide people operations policy guidance and interpretation
- Partner with the rest of the People Operations team to deliver and execute on other people programs and initiatives
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years experience as an HR Generalist or HR Business Partner with emphasis on experience in coaching, performance management and employee relations issues
- High sense of curiosity and resilience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups
- Ability to move through ambiguity, taking action in order to make progress and learn, and making improvements based on new information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong project management, change management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Previous experience working in fast-paced environment and helping organizations scale
- Proven ability to use data to inform and guide decisions
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time (currently within Emeryville and to Portland and New York)