At Eighteen B, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bolt Threads, we are on a mission to change the skincare industry one ingredient at a time. Inspired by nature, devoted to science, committed to sustainability, Eighteen B is scientifically designed skincare for the confident skincare explorer. Through rigorous scientific research and transparency, we develop innovative, safe, effective, cruelty-free skincare products unlike anything else on the market. We are a venture-backed, idea-driven company, led by world-class scientific and product development talent, as well as experienced executives from the skincare and beauty industries.
We’re Looking For...
A Growth Marketing Leader with extensive experience at digitally native brands, who knows how to build a world-class brand while hitting sales goals through data and consistent growth hacking. This person will first define the company’s growth objectives and plan, second, coordinate and execute growth programs, and third, optimize the revenue funnel.
The ideal candidate has a mastery of statistical reasoning, understands how to design effective tests and optimize based on key learnings, and be fluent in the full spectrum of acquisition channels. This person will develop strategies for and oversee execution on all growth channels, including, but not limited to - paid social, SEM, SEO, email, podcasts, display/native, branded content, direct mail, OOH. Recognizing that the digital marketing landscape is constantly changing - new platforms, media outlets, algorithm changes, etc.. - this person understands the shifts and optimizes plan based on marketing innovation. Responsibilities include strategic development, budget management, creative development oversight, delivering on the sales plan, team and/or agency management, and reporting.
To be successful, this person must be motivated to hit sales goals, creative, strategic, able to develop company-wide relationships, embody Eighteen B values, and comfortable working with the team distributed across the country.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them.
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, marketing, and culture.
- You love the challenge of setting and driving a team to deliver on sales goals.
Within the first 30 days, you will…
- Evaluate current KPIs and data infrastructure and make recommendations on what, if anything, needs to change to ensure the right data is in place.
- Work with the Analytics/IS teams to understand current dashboards and tools, and recommend what, if anything needs to change.
- Understand the current growth plan across owned, paid, and earned media, and partner with Brand Manager to identify collaboration opportunities.
- Take ownership of all growth channels (planning, buying, optimizing), while developing a recommendation to change or update the back half of the year.
- Partner with creative, research and development, and operations teams to understand cross-functional dependencies.
- Build relationships across the organization, including at the executive level.
- Begin to understand Bolt’s & Eighteen B’s science and product development process.
- Understand Eighteen B’s strategic pillars and name Marketing’s strategic priorities that ladder up to these pillars.
In the first 60 days, you will…
- Develop and share test plan - design, implementation, cross-departmental share-out - for 2019 and beyond.
- In partnership, with Marketing Director, develop or enhance marketing strategy and calendar through the end of the year, 2019, to reflect growth plan optimizations.
- Work with the Brand Director to understand who the Eighteen B customer is, and partner if there are research and insight gaps in where we will find her and how we market to her.
- Evaluate the growth marketing structure, and take a position on resource needs whether it be employees, agencies, or consultants.
- Cultivate and drive a culture of KPIs, insights, and timely action.
- Activate on growth channels to deliver on sales goals.
- Take ownership of the Growth budget, and make recommendations on changes or re-allocations for the back-half of 2019.
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring…
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s degree preferred
- 8+ years of Performance Marketing experience
- Digital and DTC experience
- Strong sense of curiosity and resilience
- High level of comfort working with a Dev team within a sprint workflow
- International brand launches
- Love for data, intensely deep levels and layers of data
- Decisive. The ability to know when to test a theory, for how long and when to pull the trigger to go big or just pause
- Excellent interpersonal and team management skills
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle issues of a sensitive nature with tact and discretion
- This position can be based in Los Angeles, Portland or Emeryville, plan to travel 25% of the time between those locations.