We’re Looking For...
The Facilities Technician role is a self-starter who can own multiple projects from inception to completion. This person will demonstrate attention to detail, wear many hats and be able to work in a high pressure, high paced start-up biotech environment. Someone with an indomitable will, a willingness to run toward problems and take them head on and understand that no job is too small to add value and improve efficiencies across a wide range of exciting and technical processes. A rock star in customer service and an expert at problem solving. Someone who enjoys and welcomes challenges and figuring out solutions to tough problems. Someone who wants to take their career to the next level and who will relish the opportunity to learn best practices from a talented team of engineers, facilities and emergency and safety personnel. The projects undergone will contribute to world first ground breaking technology.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
- Assist director of workplace ops, engineering and facilities manager w/ building and system improvements
- Preventative maintenance work such as changing filters and inspections on critical and safety equipment
- General handy work (repairs, woodworking, metalworking, and unique engineering challenges)
- Point of contact for landlord, contractors and building inspections
- Maintain aesthetic standards and ensure proper storage and tidiness
- Utilize a wide variety of tools to solve complex problems (you don’t have to be an expert at every tool but have a strong technical understanding on how most tools work and can be utilized).
- Transport goods, materials, and waste to and from locations at our facilities in the Bay Area
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- Technical school, Associate Degree (engineering/science/lab operations), Mechanical Trade or equivalent industry experience
- Knowledge of biological and/or chemical research facilities and/or facility operations
- Comfort with using technology for facilities management (security access, PM software, etc.)
- Experience driving a forklift or operating shop machinery a plus
- Specific experience with basic fabrication and mechanical repair techniques
- A safety-conscious mindset.
- Must be able to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Have a valid and current driver’s license