We’re Looking For...
An E-Commerce Architect having a broad functional understanding of the e-commerce business and deep expertise in architecting, designing and building e-commerce solutions
In this role you will need to work across teams to scope, design and deliver e-commerce solutions for our customers, consulting with our internal stakeholders and using technical knowledge to realize a business vision. Bolt threads is looking at potentially launching multiple brands to bring its revolutionary materials to the consumers in multiple ways. Effectively we will be building multiple e-commerce websites/ecosystems. This is a great opportunity for someone to play a key role in building an e-commerce platform strategy that will support the vision articulated above and drive the design and build of a platform to realize that vision.
Success in this role requires individuals who are willing roll up their sleeves, take ownership of the design, from functional specification draft through technical solution implementation, and have the ability to communicate with both the business and the technical teams
You will be a part of a highly dynamic team operating in an Agile environment, on a mission to make technology as a game changer for commercializing the materials that our scientists have invented. If you can relate to this philosophy and have the passion to make a difference to a fast growing, energetic company, this could be the job you are looking for.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world
- You’ll get honest/candid feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture
Within the first 30 days you will…
- Familiarize yourself with the business of both subsidiaries of Bolt – bestmadeco.com and eighteenb.com
- Gain understanding of existing e-commerce features and capabilities of the respective web sites
- Establish the development environment for yourself
- Familiarize yourself with Agile Software Development Process being used at Bolt
- Start participating in key meetings
- Develop an understanding of the code bases for both e-commerce websites
- Familiarize yourself with the other systems within the ecosystem such as Klavio, Contenful CMS, Shipstation etc.
Within the first 60 days you will…
- Work with business stakeholders to understand the business needs and leverage your broad e-commerce knowledge to steer the various stakeholders in the right direction as they think through the various capabilities that can be added to our platform.
- Understand and evaluate Bolt’s current e-commerce platform and translate the needs of various business stakeholders into capabilities that can be added to Bolt’s e-commerce platform such that they can be leveraged potentially by multiple subsidiaries
- Evaluate solution options(when needed) in terms custom build vs buy options, evaluate multiple vendor products in cases where we want to pursue the buy option, make recommendations and present it to various stakeholders.
- Develop the solution approaches and work with the team to develop timelines for implementation
- Lead the design and build of the solution working with a globally distributed team
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring...
- 12+ years of software development experience
- 8+ years of experience in designing and building e-commerce systems with a strong programming background
- Broad knowledge of how the e-commerce business works including order management, shipping, payments, subscriptions, blogs etc.
- Experience in implementing various kinds of web tracking such as Facebook pixel tracking, Google AdWords, Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics
- Experience with integrating e-commerce solutions with email service provides for email marketing
- Expertise in building cloud based solutions preferably in AWS environments
- Sound understanding of application performance management and performance tuning
- Expertise in trouble shooting issues
- A process-oriented and systematic approach to projects. Experience with Agile methodology and systems
- Ability to create technical documentation (including flow charts, requirements, designs, and user story documentation of overall business solution)
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with business and technical teams
- Ability to influence technology decision by backing them up with factual data/research