A well-rounded, analytical leader to be the financial steward for the company. As our Controller you will be a key member of the Finance team and will bring a solid mix of strategic leadership and operational experience, this is a hands-on role. You will direct the accounting, tax and treasury functions of Bolt Threads. In addition, you will provide financial consulting and guidance across all functions and departments of the company.
You’ll be Excited to Come to Work Because…
- You’ll have the ability to make a significant, positive impact on a team, a company, and the world.
- You’ll get honest feedback that’s given in the service of helping us get better at what we do.
- You’ll encounter unique (often ambiguous) challenges, and diverse teams working to solve them.
- You’ll find innovative approaches to science, technology, and culture.
Within the first 30 days you will…
- Take ownership of the accounting functions, become familiar with our processes, timetables, policies, opportunities for improvement
- Manage the monthly accounting close and reporting cycle, present results to the executive team
- Build relationships across the organization including at the executive level
- Have a solid understanding of internal customer financial needs
Within the first 60 days you will…
- Begin to develop a 3-year road map for building the finance and accounting department, including people and systems
- Develop internal and external financial reporting structure
- Initiate a review to set accounting, finance, treasury and tax policies and practices. Begin to develop a strong accounting and tax infrastructure to support Bolt Threads’ long-term success, which includes building a high-quality team and network of financial and accounting information systems, as required
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate with internal and external partners
This Team will be Excited to Have You Because You Bring…
- 10+ years of progressive accounting and finance responsibility, including people management and process improvement
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration required, MBA preferred
- Your CPA and a minimum of 5 years of CPA audit experience, experience directing all accounting activities to assure proper records are kept, transactions are timely and accurately recorded in accordance with GAAP, assets are safeguarded, and internal controls are in place and functioning
- Demonstrated experience managing the service providers that perform tax planning, reporting and compliance
- Strong problem-solving experience and a willingness and ability to address complex issues effectively
- Retail experience is a big plus
- You are self-motivated and have excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
- You're collaborative, creative and possess an innovative leadership style
- The capacity to focus on the big picture as well as day-to-day operational details
- Experience directing all treasury functions and maintaining relationships with banking and lending institutions, including establishing line of credit and depository accounts