Candidates should be highly motivated and must be familiar with stem cell culture methods and growth media development. The successful candidates will join a small team where everybody’s contribution is equally important.
Qualifications & experience:
- MS or BS in Biology, Biotechnology, Animal Biology, Bioengineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant work experience, industry experience preferred
- Works effectively and communicates well in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and document activities with detail
- Demonstrated expertise in handling primary cells, cell line development and growth media optimization
- Hands on experience with cell-based assay development
- Adequate computer skills for data acquisition, data management, reporting
- Familiar with scale-up of cell cultures
- Sense of humor
- Experience with culture of primary cells from fish and other non-mammalian species
- Experience with skeletal muscle cells (satellite cells, myoblasts, etc)
- Experience with QC and cryopreservation of cell banks
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques, including immunocytochemistry, PCR, and ELISA
- Experience with bioprocessing methods
- Isolate & expand primary cells from fish
- Generate & maintain multiple cell lines and banks
- Screen growth media compositions to optimize culture conditions
- Perform other common lab duties as assigned
If you are not a local applicant, please consider that we cannot provide relocation assistance or reimbursement for relocation costs.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet production demands that may include early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends.
BlueNalu will offer compensation packages and stock options that are commensurate with the candidate’s experience and potential.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)
- United States (Required)