BlueNalu is a San Diego-based startup company that is pioneering the manufacture of seafood products derived from Cellular AquacultureTM. We are using cutting edge cell biology technologies and advanced bioprocessing methods.
At BlueNalu you will change the way healthy seafood is produced. It will be sustainable and environmentally friendly. This position will focus on the development of new high-yield cell culture systems and improvement of bioprocessing technologies towards large-scale manufacturing. It will involve design, planning, and significant hands-on laboratory work and candidates must be familiar with cell culture methods.Successful candidates will join a team where everybody’s contribution is equally important.
MS in Biology, Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or equivalent with 3+ years of experience.
Applicants with Bachelors and 5+ years of experience (industry preferred) will be considered.
- Demonstrated expertise with scale-up of cell culture processes using bioreactor systems
- Experience with optimization of growth media and conditions using a Design-of-Experiment (DOE) approach Extensive knowledge of bioprocessing technologies and equipment
- Some mechanical aptitude for troubleshooting and maintaining bioreactor hardware and control systems.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, plan and execute engineering projects
- Ability to summarize, interpret and review experimental data with adequate computer skills for data acquisition, data management and visualization of experimental results
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to achieve departmental goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of humor
- Knowledge of data analysis software SAS JMP
- Experience with automated cell screening systems
- Experience with medium/high throughput cell analysis systems
- Experience with culture of primary cells from fish or crustaceans
- Experience with skeletal muscle cells, fibroblasts, and adipocytes
- Execute cell culture experiments with benchtop and pilot-scale bioreactor systems towards large-scale process and media optimization for specific cell lines
- Plan and implement technology development projects, including Identification and evaluation of new bioprocessing methods and equipment
- Set up, operate, take down and reassemble bioreactors.
- Process and analyze samples using laboratory instruments
- Design as well as following operating procedures with attention to detail.
- Some weekend work may be required
If you are not a local applicant, please consider that we cannot provide relocation assistance or reimbursement for relocation costs.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the US, and willing and able to work a flexible work schedule to meet production demands that may include early mornings, late evenings, and some weekends.
BlueNalu will offer compensation packages and stock options that are commensurate with the candidate’s experience and potential.